Social Icons

twitterfacebookgoogle plusemail
http://instagram.com/suzed2010

Saturday 28 September 2013

Going Back to Creche

Earlier this month I started back on my course. This is the second year of the 2 year course. Which also meant after 10 weeks off the kids started back at the crèche, which I was dreading as last year was a bit of a nightmare. They would both cry every morning when I was leaving them in, and just as they were beginning to get use to the idea of going they started getting every bug under the sun. So they would have time off from going, this made the whole settling in process even worse. I don’t think they really settled in properly until after Christmas.

This year was completely different they were both fine going in. I thought Jack might have been the worse out of the two and I was a bit worried as I was having problems with toilet training him. I had to keep telling him to use the toilet/potty. He hadn’t quite grasped knowing when to go on his own.

But kids being kids completely surprised me Jack has been great going in and going back to crèche has helped his toilet training no end.  I think it is because he sees all the other kids using the toilet. I have seen a great difference in him he may have one accident every couple of days and is now doing better than some of the other kids in his class. This was a great relief as he was trained quite late.

Lucy's 1st dat at Creche 2012
Lucy's 1st back at creche 2013
Lucy still isn’t overly impressed going in, but I think most of the time she is having me on. She is fine in the car and as she is getting out of the car she’s happy and says “we go and see jenny, we go and see Jenny” (Jenny is her carer).  Then as soon as we get to the door of her room she snuggles into me and looks real sad. I hand her over to jenny and she is still sad but as soon as I have left (or she thinks I have left) she is fine, I usually hang around outside the room for a couple of mins and have a look in on her and she is playing away.   When I go to pick her up she is full of chat and telling me all about her friends.    





Jack's 1st day
in pre-school 2013
            
Jack's 1st
day at
Creche 2012
Jack started back at crèche in same class as last year for a couple of weeks then he moved up to the Pre-School class.  The difference I have seen in him since changing room is unbelievable.  He is so eager to go in and even asks to go in at the weekends. He absolutely loves it, his talking and toilet training have improved massively.



Jack and Lucy's
1st day
back at creche
Jack & Lucy 1st day
at creche 2012
Last year I felt so guilty leaving them at crèche that I nearly dropped the course. I am so glad I stuck with it. This year I feel really good knowing that I am doing the right thing by them. The activities they get to do are wonderful, they get fed really well and healthy (they eat a lot better in crèche than at home, must be my cooking lol) and it is great for the social aspect of it as well. 





No comments:

Post a Comment